Mules National Golf Club reopened in November 2015 after a multi-million dollar renovation creating the golfing destination in west central Missouri. Featuring an island green on the 18th hole and a 650-yard par 5, our golf course now provides a difficult, yet fair challenge for golfers of every ability. Each hole offers it’s own unique layout while maintaining a level of continuity such as 4 distinct sets of tee boxes per hole, gorgeous white sand bunkers placed to challenge every shot, zoysia fairways, and USGA-spec bentgrass greens. Golfers of Mules National will enjoy a relaxing round with concrete cart paths, quiet GPS electric carts and a beautiful course.
Mules National Golf Club is a full service, 18-hole public golf course located about one hour from downtown Kansas City, in Warrensburg Missouri. The course was originally 9-holes with sand greens, but in 1972 added an additional 9 holes and converted to grass greens. The facility is owned and operated by the University of Central Missouri and serves as the home of the UCM’s Mules and Jennies golf teams.
Keth Memorial Golf Course is named in honor of Dr. Earl Keth, Central Missouri State University’s first All-American in basketball. He was chosen to the Chuck Taylor All-America Team for the 1937-1938 season. That year the Mules captured the National Association of Intercollegiate Basketball (NAIB) Championship in Kansas City. The 32-team tournament, a forerunner of today’s NAIA Tournament, was considered college basketball’s first National Basketball Championship. Dr. Keth was also a standout performer on the Mules team that won the 1937 NAIB, which had a field of eight elite teams from around the country. In 1972, Keth was selected as one of ten players for the All-Time NAIB All-Tournament Team and was inducted into the NAIA Hall of Fame. In addition to his outstanding playing career at Central Missouri, Keth was the Mules Head Basketball Coach for 15 seasons from 1946 through 1961.
Dr. Earl Keth served as the Mules Golf Coach from 1961 until the time of his death in 1972. He was the original architect of the golf course at Pertle Springs which has been named in his honor. On June 30, 1990 Dr. Keth was inducted posthumously into the Missouri Basketball Hall of Fame. Dr. Keth was inducted into Central Missouri’s Athletic Hall of Fame in 1992. Today, both the course and Pro Shop dawn his name in recognition of Dr. Keth’s contributions to the University of Central Missouri, UCM’s Athletic programs, and the course.